Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 78 - And then the time goes by . . . .


February 6, 2017

Hello everyone!
So this is it! I really don't believe that it actually comes to an end! Well, the being in Iquitos part of it. A missionary life lives forever if you do it right! This week was full of so many great things and put a beautiful ending to my mission. 

Me, with my sweet, sweet pensionista!
I have always had this thing in the mission that if a someone is not working right, my theory is that often I can love them into it. Love often works miracles! That is something we have been trying to do with our Relief Society president. I really just love her and she has so so many good qualities, so we decided to serve here and then as a result, her confidence in us grew and we were able to find a less active through her that sat and cried as we taught her of the desires to feel clean again. The Lord really does work through mysterious ways. 

Us with N* who has a son on a mission! She is working to be baptized!
We visited a family last night that we have been visiting off and on over the past couple weeks. They have had some really strong marriage and family problems, and I think because of it have been more open to our message. After teaching the Restoration of  the Gospel of Jesus Christ last night, they said they did want to be baptized. It surprised me because the husband is really hard hearted, but it is amazing that learning the doctrine can change people!

Also this is me with my last convert and the next progressing investigator, her daughter.

I wanted to end with my testimony of the truthfulness of this church, of this gospel and of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives. He has been my constant strength through these passing weeks and months, that are now turning into years. I know that God has a plan for each and every one of us. 

Despedida (farewell) with the mission president and his wife! 

I love you all and am excited to see you! Love you!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Briggs


No comments:

Post a Comment