Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 65 - God's Will

November 7, 2016

Found the real "Cafe Rio".
Hello y'all!
So the people here speak Spanish like the Texans speak English :) It's called Chapita, and I love it! 

This family is a family we found from a motokar ride. They got baptized in Moyobamba but then moved to Tarapoto and have become a little inactive. Well, we did service in their home teaching them how to make keke (cake) so they could sell it, and we visited them later that night. They told us they weren't going to come to church but we testified that their situation economically would improve if they did. Well, they showed up at church on Sunday the 2nd hour and completely surprised us! Miracles happen!

A family we found on a motokar ride!
We also have been finding lots of people through less actives lately. Its like a gold mine when they take you to visit their friends. We received a promise from Elder Uceda (a member of the Seventy), that if we put 50% of our efforts in less actives that baptisms would double. I am slowly seeing this blessing fulfilled. First, we are focusing on less actives and we had 12 show up at church on Sunday! 

I have learned a lot this week of the power of being obedient in the little things. My companion Hermana H. and I decided to be more obedient and the day we did we were led to so many people through the spirit! When we make God's will our will, we change. I love this work with all my heart. I am probably going to go hide in the jungle mountains so I never have to leave! Alma 50:37. Alma 5:14

My Halloween treat!
Its mango season here and people throw their mangoes away in the streets, so this bag of mangoes was my Halloween treat! So much better than candy! 

Love you to the moon and back! Keep smiling brightly!

Con amor,
Hermana Briggs


No comments:

Post a Comment