Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 67 - Surprises!!

Me & Hma H. saying goodbye:(
November 21, 2016


Hey everyone!!!!

SO couple surprises this week! My companion Hermana H. had changes! I was only with her one change :( But, I know she is going to do a great job in Iquitos opening an area and training. The Lord always knows exactly what we need. I am so grateful for what I learned with her.


New comp Sis. W. & others.
Second surprise! My new companion is Hermana W.!!!!! She lived right next door to me when I started the mission, was in the same district with me in Iquitos, and now is my companion! I don't know why I've had so many gringa (non Peruvian) comps. She also goes home at the same time as me, so it will be crazy to see how things work out. She is also from my same state...just around the corner :) She is so patient with me and is such an obedient and hard working missionary. I am so excited for our time together!!!!!!


Vista Alegre family baptism!
Surprise number 3! So I got to talk to an Elder that served in my first area in Vista Alegre in Pucallpa. I had always been super worried about a family that we had left without leaving enough information to find them because they had moved a lot. I had prayed that God would help them find a way to the Gospel and to be baptized because they were progressing....well, guess what? They found them on the street and his companion had recognized they had come to church and so they contacted them! They started to teach them more and they got baptized this last change!!! This is a picture of the picture of their baptism. God hears and answers all of our prayers! I know they power of prayer is so, so, so real.


Mint brownie Monday!
Surprise number 4! So we made chocolate mint brownies on monday...no more explanation needed  ;)

And surprise number 5! We had a few lessons with our dear amazing investigator B* this week. She has come to church for 4 sundays in a row, even though she can barely walk. The opposition is so real because she went to a naturalist this week to help her with her foot and they told her that she needs to go on this crazy diet where she can't leave the house, can't touch peoples hands and weird stuff like that. We explained and taught the importance and power of the baptism and recieving the GIFT of the Holy Ghost. The spirit was so strong and she started to cry. She said "The diet doesn't matter, I'm going to church no matter what. God will help me through it!" THEN it gets better...we asked her to talk to her "husband" about getting married, even though he doesn't want to listen to us. AND HE SAID YES!! The whole branch is super excited to help them and have been visiting them. I am so so grateful for the ability to repent. Her daughter also wants to be baptized but hasn't been able to go to church because she just had a c-section.


Still enjoying the mangoes!
I know that our Savior lives and that he suffered for ALL of us. Not just the rich ones or the poor ones or the ones who like chocolate...all of us. Thank you all for being such great examples to me and for always building everyone around you up. I know this is the true church on the earth.  In this week of Thansgiving I invite you all to recognize the miracles God does in your every day life. Three every day.

Love you all to the moon and back! Keep smiling brightly and enjoy the bounties of Thanksgiving for me!
I'll keep enjoying the mangos :)

Con amor,
Hermana Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment