Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 74 - 7,000 Miracles!

January 9, 2016

Well, hello, everyone!

So #1, I love miracles….and #2 I love being a missionary because you get front row seats to see all of God miracles that He has to offer if we are willing to folllow Him and be obedient, even when we are tired or don't know what to do. I want to call this week 7000 miracles!

Only to hit a few, it was Hermana Rodriguez’s birthday on Thurday…so we ate 3 leches, and paneton and icecream and lots of great stuff. But when we went to work that afternoon, all of our appointments fell through and everyone we contacted rejected us. She was super disappointed, especially because it was her birthday. I told her God had a bigger plan for us and we kept going. Later that night we went to a recent convert's house and felt prompted to invite her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend to come. We didn't think they would, but they did!!! We had a powerful lesson guided by the spirit and the boyfriend ended up coming to church on Sunday! We are going back today and really it was a complete miracle!

Also, while we were waiting for some hermanas (sisters) to come accompany us for the afternoon, we decided to contact a house in front of the chapel. They were super nice and we went back yesterday to visit them! As we got done with the lesson, one of them said, "I never knew I could receive answers from the spirit by feelings of peace in my life!" The spirit of God often gives us answers by giving us peace!

Well, keep smiling all of you! A smile can change the first impression you have with someone, which sets up the whole relationship you have with them. I know this church is true with all my heart and am soaking up every day I have to share that with the people in Iquitos. 

Wish I could say more!
Love you all!
Hermana Briggs

Hermana Rodriquez's birthday!
Learning to Recognize Answers to Prayers



No comments:

Post a Comment