Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 39 - Faith

May 9, 2016

Familia!!!
Mangoes in Peru are huge! Some are as big as my head!
Hey just wanted to let you know once again that I love you all so much! I loved seeing all your smiling faces...your all just growing up so fast and so great! 

So this week was another great adventure in Pucallpa! We spent a lot of this week with new families that we have found recently. We've found some super cool families, one in particular who came to church yesterday! Only the husband came, but both of them are completing their compromisos (commitments) better than any family I've taught before. They are praying and reading with such faith and desires to know the truth! The only hard part is that the husband J might be traveling to Lima for work in June! So we're doing what we can.

My pensionistas daughter came home from her mission on Friday and it was really cool to get to talk to her for the few minutes we have been eating there to hear some of her mission experiences. 

I'm learning a lot right now about putting my faith in Jesus Christ and believing in Him and His will for His children. It takes faith to open your mouth, it takes faith to concentrate on every need your investigators have. It takes faith to repent and try to become better and to trust that the Atonement really covers your sins. As you come to know Jesus Christ your faith grows in Him and your ability to serve Him with all your heart increases as well. I have always loved D&C 6:33-37. It talks so much about how we need to have faith before fear. Trust in Him; doubt not; fear not. 

I challenge all of you to trust in God and in our Savior Jesus Christ a little more this week by coming to know them. Choose one thing, only one thing you want to improve this week, and do it. You will see the change.

I love this work, I love Pucallpa (even the heat) and I love you all!
Keep smiling brightly and have an amazing week!

Love,
Hermana Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment