Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 41- Sacrifice and Testimony of the Priesthood


May 23, 2016
Familia!!!

This week I was super excited because one of the couples that has been investigating the church for years, accepted a baptismal date, went and played soccer with the other members of the church and came to church this  last Sunday!!! They are 2 little young 'ins, 18 and 21 years old, but they both know that the church is true and have such strong testimonies. We followed the spirit to help us know the words to say and we really can see the Lord's hand in our lives.

We also had a super cool lesson with our old Relief Society President's sister. The relief society pres called us and set an appt. with us a week in advance and the day of, a member of the stake presidency was there, too. It was set up so perfectly to invite the spirit into the lesson and really to be able to help the sister. She was so prepared and I just had to think how cool it would be if every member found someone like that. There would be a lot more converted in the world. 

We have a 12 year old boy getting baptized this Saturday and he is so ready and excited for it. His lessons crack me up because he always has some great question, like this week when we were teaching the 10 commandments and we talked about taking the Lords name in vain, he said, " So if i say, A"dios," (Adios means goodbye in Spanish:), is that taking the Lords name in vain?" Oh, he makes me smile! I'm so excited to help this family become forever. 

On Monday we watched "Ephraim's Rescue" as a zone and I got thinking about all the people who have sacrificed so much for me so that I can be serving God's children. To not give all I have to him would just be wasting that sacrifice. I know this church is true and I know that God loves all of His children and wants us to return to Him. I have felt my testimony of the power of the priesthood grow so much. It is real and it really is God's power to bind on earth and in heaven.

Keep smiling brightly! I was reading in Jacob 3:1 this morning about putting our confidence in God and He will comfort us and fight for our cause if we have faith and pray to Him...if we are pure in heart. 

I love you all so incredibly much! Never pass up the chance to share what has changed your life with others!

Love,
Hermana Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment