Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 48 - Humility

July 11, 2016

Locked in the church!

Crazy familia!!!!
It sounds like you all had one awesome summer week! I almost cried looking at the pictures remembering all our family but so glad that you could all have so much fun together! You still seem like the crazy family I left!  So crazy to be at the age I that I saw all my aunts and uncles at...it feels like just a few years ago! 

This week also has been crazily awesome like every other week, but I feel like I learned a lot this week! We got to meet our new mission president and his wife and they are the sweetest people ever! I'm so glad they are going to be helping us in the mission. 

Also, our bishop locked us in the church on Sunday cause he didn't know we were in the bathroom! 


This is us with our bishops family! She is also
 our pensionista and I absolutely love her!
 She is always laughing about something!

One thing I've learned a lot about this week is humility. Sometimes when you think you don't have a problem with something is actually when you have the biggest problem with it. My companion and I have been through a lot with it this week and many of our experiences of not finding people have helped us to be humble and put our faith in God. Well, I think it's working a little bit because we found 6 new potential investigators this week that really have open hearts and desires to learn! Nothing happens in missionary work until you find someone to teach. 

Also, I wanted to thank you so, so, so much for the package you sent me! It came just in time so I could send those things to my old pensionista. Really, my favorite part was the letters. I love hearing from each one of you and how you are all doing and progressing. And thanks for the lucky charms and really especially the camera! It works so, so much better than my old one which is why you are all getting so many pictures 'cause I was a picture fanatic this week! 

3 of us in our district are turning 20 this week so we had a little party!
This mission is probably the most humbling experience I've been through in my life and I'm realizing more and more how weak I am and how much I have to, need to and want to rely on my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives and I know He loves us. My companion and I have finished memorizing the first half of the living Christ in Spanish and this next change we are planning on memorizing the second half! It has helped me gain such a stronger testimony of Him and we quote it all the time in lessons. 

Love you all! Keep putting your faith in Jesus Christ and remember we are all in a learning process D&C 78:17-20...that we are all just little kids still. All on the process to become like God if we choose to do so. 
Keep smiling!





Hermana Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment