Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 61 - Tarapoto & Conversion!

October 10, 2016

Hello Everyone!!!

So big news! I got changes to go to Tarapoto!! I really wasn't expecting it and it really surprised me! But now I'm in the area Aeropuerto 2, with Hermana Huaycho...her last name is how little kids pronounce my first name :) She is from Arequipa and is absolutely amazing! She has been in the mission for 10 months and already has everything down to a T. I feel like my Spanish has gotten worse and shes helping me a lot with my pronunciation and such. I love her!

Our area is so beautiful! Everyone wanted to come to Tarapoto and I understand why now. There are MOUNTAINS!!! I haven't seen mountains in over a year! It rains a lot here and also burns a lot :) But its super fresco (cool) at night. 

We had a baptism of a 15 year-old young man whose family recently has come back into the church! To see how happy the gospel has made them has been so incredible! I have loved to see the incredible strength this branch has. There are not wards here, just branches, but they are so strong! The spirit was so strong in sacrament meeting yesterday because the people were there for the Savior, and nothing else. That is what the Gospel of Jesus Christ does when you are really converted. That is what we are concentrating on: conversion. What does it matter if we get baptized or start to follow Christ, if we don't continue?! 
Love you all to the moon and back!

Con amor,
Hermana Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment