Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 62 - Egg Drop FHE & lots of fruit!

October 17, 2016

Familia y amigos!!!
I love hearing about all of you and am glad that you are doing well. 

This week was so crazy! We are teaching a deaf family right now and they are absolutely incredible!!!! The first time we taught them my brain hurt when we got done from translating in my head from English to Spanish to signs! But we found that all the lessons are on lds.org in sign language so that should help!
We did a demonstration with eggs for a family home evening lesson on Monday and showed how when we don't have protection we break, but when we are covered by lots of clothes in a bag ( like reading scriptures, praying and all that stuff) we won't break....well psych!! The protected egg broke, too, when we dropped it! And then it all clicked...we still are going to break. We are still imperfect even when we try to do all the right things. But the super glue that doesn't leave any marks is called the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know He can heal us, to better than what we were before. I think I learned more than anyone else there did! 

Yes, it rains a lot here! Recently it has been super duper hot too!!! Like, I have a fan on me to sleep and I woke up in the middle of the night to move it closer because I was so hot. It's always hotter in October, but in Tarapoto it burns your skin. Our house is super nice! It has a room to sleep and another to put our clothes and another to study...it's really clean and that's what I like! The food is the same basically all over the jungle....lots of chicken. But there is an abundance of fruit and vegetables here so they are cheap! We have found 7 cocconuts in the street which we bring to our pensionista to open, and people give us mangos and guanabana (passion fruit)...it's basically heaven.


The people here are super receptive here too! They ALL are super friendly and the branch here is super united. Ya, you run into the people who don't want anything but they are country type people...good hard working people. 

I love you all! Keep smiling and putting your faith in Jesus Christ. Remember, it's the little decisions in this life that determine our destiny! 

Con amor,
Hermana Briggs


No comments:

Post a Comment