Saturday, September 26, 2015

Week 6 - IN IQUITOS! "Be obedient, be diligent and follow the Spirit!"

September 22, 2015

Hola Bonita Familia!

Arriving in Iquitos
I just waned to let you know I made it safely to Iquitos!!!  It really feels like it isn't actually real because it is SO amazing!  It felt like every Christmas morning put together in one when we landed!  I won't have p-day this week, but I will send you pictures.  We already have had chances to talk to people about the gospel standing in line and we gave a Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet to one lady . . . and she told us "our religions are based on the same things!"  And it made me excited to respond YES!  Now let us give you more!  And yes it is very different from Lima here.  VERY hot and humid, but I really could care less!  I really just have a desire to serve the people.  That desire didn't come easy, through lots of prayer and fasting, and probably a lot more.  We got here and our mission President and his wife picked us up and we went to the mission home and ate a wonderful meal!  I had an interview with my mission president (President Gomez) and I asked him how I could be a more dedicated missionary.  He told me, "Be obedient, be diligent, and follow the Spirit."  That is going to be the motto for my mission!  

Thank you so much for your love and support and especially prayers.  I can feel them so strong! There is no where else I'd rather be!  I know this work is true!  I love you all to the moon and back!

Atentamente
With Love,
Hermana Briggs


At the mission home with Pres. and Sister Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment