Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Week 43 - So hard to leave Pucallpa!

June 6, 2016

Leaving Pucallpa
Loca Familia!

Sounds like you are crazy as ever! But still enjoying all of the little things in life. I love that we were sent here on earth to have joy. God is so merciful!

This week was absolutely crazy! I had transfers for the first time on my mission!! I had to leave my home Vista Alegre ward that I have been in for my entire mission! I don't think I have ever cried so hard...I had grown to love so so many people there and there will always be a part of my heart in Pucallpa. One of the hardest moments was leaving our investigators house, who's son had just got baptized. I love that family so much and know that God will continue helping them progress. 

So, then I packed my bags (I never want to pack again :) and jumped on a plane to Iquitos! There, I found out my companion was Hermana Vazquez! One of the gringas that I knew in the CCM! She is absolutely incredible and we have so much fun doing missionary work together. It was also her birthday this week so we got to celebrate with lots of cake...lots of cake and Gable you can be happy...I finally like chocolate cake :)
Sis. Vasquez' birthday!

Also when I left Pucallpa, our ward didn't have a ward mission leader and it was a struggle, but I arrived in Iquitos and our mission leader, I think, is the most dedicated ward mission leader in the WORLD!!! He makes visits with us just about every other day, brings us food when we´re hungry, takes us around in his motokar, and teaches in the lessons with such a power and spirit...he even has his own mission planner :) Iquitos is super different. Almost all the streets are paved and there isn't always dirt in your eyes. The people are different too...a little bit harder to teach and finding someone to teach is actually sometimes a struggle, which wasn't something I dealt with in Pucallpa. I actually really love that I have been learning to rely more on the spirit. 

I am super excited to continue working in the vineyard of the Lord, wherever He may place me. I was reading in Words of Mormon today in verse 7 which talks about how God knows all...and for me that is enough. I just need to trust in Him. 

Love you all so much!! Keep smiling brightly! And have fun with your snake dad! I hope you enjoyed your birthday: I was thinking of you and praying for you. also crazy world that Micaklya was there!!!! Such a small world. 

Love
Hermana Briggs


A family that we did service at, cleaning their house. I felt so bad because
they are just this cute old couple who can't do anything for themselves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment