Thursday, December 31, 2015

Week 20 - Christmas!

December 28, 2015

Familia!!!!!
Singing in the Plaza with our zone.
 As for the patience thing, I think that is something I am learning to work on with my companion. We don't always see eye to eye and I have gotten frustrated with her more than a few times, but the one amazing thing I have learned is communication. I have always been awful at communicating and never liked talking through things, usually just avoiding about talking through them. But I have learned that when you talk through things, your relationship grows! Because you actually understand the other person and their perspective! Who knew!!??!? Ya, so every day seems to be just trying to understand her perspective, but it has been so good for me even though it has been hard. And I absolutely LOVE her and am so excited to be her companion!

Also she told me that she is always going to remember your voice (mom) talking to her. She could feel of your love for her. She really is the only member in her family besides her mom and really just wants to have a forever family. She said you guys were that example for her of what she wants to create for her own family in the future. Thanks for that mom!

As for this week, we have been trying to find the Less Actives in the ward because there were only a few in our area book when we got here. And we found SO many!!! And even better 5 of them came to church on Sunday!!!!!! I think this is the first week in the mission that we have had investigators, recent converts and menos activos (less actives) come to church!!! We are trying to work with the members more in our lessons and in finding people and it really has been working. I think I talk about this every week but its true! The members and the missionaries aren't of different religions...we are the same trying to do the same thing....Bring others Unto Christ!

Quick story...we have really been able to feel the spirit a lot in our lessons lately and as a companionship and one effect from this was that we were walking in the street one day, our other appointment had fallen through and we were going to another potential, but we decided to take a different route. 2 girls called out "Hermanas!" and we went over to talk to them. Turns out their older cousin is inactive and we had a super powerful lesson with her. She came to church on Sunday and told us she has been feeling so much better lately. I love the spirit!!!!

Christmas morning!
As for Christmas....it was AMAZING!!!!!!! We sang Christmas songs in the motokars and made all the motokar drivers laugh. We went and sang in the plaza as a zone and contacted people! So incredible to see the power of music! And oh man it was so good to see all your glowing faces through skype!!!! It just seemed like a casual conversation in the moment, but after it just seemed like a dream. But its not :)

That was about my week :) I have been so tired but I'm learning how to be a happy tired. Missionary work takes a lot out of you :) 

I love you all so incredibly much!!!  My scripture I've been focusing on lately is 2 Nephi 28:30. It is a great reminder that we all learn a little bit at a time and that we need to be patient in the things we learn. And that it's okay not to be perfect all at once :)
Love you!!

Hna Briggs
And thanks SO MUCH for the Christmas presents by the way :) I adore them!

No comments:

Post a Comment