Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 33 - The Way to Happiness is Work!

Sweeping leaves among the flowers.
March 28, 2016

Loco Familia!

Oh, I laugh so hard every time I read your letters! I think I say that every week! I'm so glad that you could be having so much fun as our amazing family! Keep having fun together and growing together!


So, the highlight of my week was probably the Women's session of  General Conference! Conference for missionaries is like Christmas, birthdays and every other holiday combined into one! Oh, it's so great! And we brought one of our investigators with us, too, who loved it so much she was crying with me. It was such a special experience to sit and listen to the choir sing and to hear the cute sisters sitting behind me singing along with them in Spanish. Really, the gospel is for everyone...everyone in the entire world :)
After "gracefully" falling in the mud ;)
This last Tuesday we were walking to an appointment, (after I had slipped and fell in the mud, haha!), and all the lights went out in our entire area! It was dark so we had to go back to our apartment to wait it out. We cleaned our house by candle light cause we never have time to clean :) But I learned that day really the power of teaching...we felt so empty after only being able to teach one lesson that day. The way to happiness is work!

Also, we have been working a lot with the members this last week and it really has paid off. The members are the way to help the people progress. And we had a cute old man attend church with us on Sunday. He has one leg that's shorter than the other but he works so hard! And he already is 78 years old. But he had bad experiences in other churches that told him old people weren't allowed, but the members of the ward really just wrapped their arms around him and he was able to feel the love of the Savior. 
My bag, after falling with me!
I have been reflecting a lot on the life of the Savior this week and just wanted to bear a sure witness that I know that it is only through Him that we can be cleansed. I know that He lives. I know it. 

I hope you all keep smiling and shining the light of Christ for the world to see!

Lucas (Luke) 22 y 23 esta semana-this is what I've been thinking about a lot this week is these 2 chapters. All about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Love you all!
Hermana Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment