Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 25 - Hope, Rain, Messy Feet

February 1, 2016

Familia!

There was a river in the street again after it rained !
Thanks for the update this week mom! Sometimes it is just what I need to keep going. 

We had changes last week, but I am still in my same area and still with Hermana Mucha! We are hoping to help this area as much as we can and are excited to help some families that really are progressing...the hard part is that Satan also knows they are progressing and does everything in his power to try to mess it up! We had a really hard time finding people in their houses this week or the lights went out in the area where our investigators were at night, so we couldn't visit them 2 nights in a row! But there is this thing called hope that I was studying this morning, and really hope is doing what you can and then relying on the Lord to help you. And it is trusting in Him with enthusiasm and a brightness in our attitude! Satan wants so bad to try to tear us down especially when things don't go exactly the way we want, but if we do that, we let him win. I am learning this week to still have this brightness even when things don't go exactly the way we want, because its going to be in the way God wants it if we are doing our part.

Able and Sis. Mucha
As for this week...well, first off, I figured out how to step in poop again and this time I got it all over our bishops car!!! Oh, boy, I need to watch where I step more closely....and while we're on that subject, our recent convert has a monkey. This monkey, Abel, and I are friends. But he got a little too carried away with our friendship and while we were praying to end the lesson he was on my shoulder picking at a mole I have on my neck and when I swatted him away he peed on me!!! No longer the same friendship! 

We are teaching 2 young men right now who are less actives, but who are now preparing to serve missions!!!! I was so excited to see their desires change and to start doing the things they know they should be doing. It still is going to be a progression, but for all of you who are preparing to serve missions, I would advise you to read D&C 31. This chapter is especially for missionaries and for all those who are leaders in the church. The Lord wants to bless you and He will as we do our part. 

And we made chaufa (Peruvian/Chinese fried rice dish)
 with a recent convert and had a good time with them :)
Also, I wanted to tell you my pensionista and her family reminds me so much of our family. Her husband for fun puts frogs in bags and throws them in the street to scare people when the bag starts to move :) Hermana Berita went out one day wearing 2 different sandals :)  Their 2nd to oldest daughter reminds me exactly of Miriam and their oldest daughter is on a mission. Then they have 2 crazy sons! I am so grateful for the little things like this in life to help me every day!

Well, I love you all so incredibly much!! Keep smiling brightly for the whole world to see!
Love, 
Hermana Briggs



No comments:

Post a Comment