Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Week 53 - Quistacocha & Grateful for the Spirit

August 15, 2016

Halo todos queridos!
SO this week was amazing like other weeks! Filled with so many blessings! 

This last monday we went to Quistacocha...about a 30 minute drive out of where we live by bus. Its a zoo, but junglized! It was super cool to see the only trained pink dolphin in the world! All of the others had died in training cause they couldn't handle it:( But we made sand castles there and saw so many monkeys I think I'm going to go monkey!

We had a cool experience as we went to do service one morning and it fell through. We tried to visit other people and they weren't home, so we prayed to know where to go and we got the impression to visit a less active that I had just got off the phone with. We went over there and found out her 16 year-old son was home who we have been trying to teach for literally 4 changes! He didn't want to come out, but then precisely in the moment, his best friend walked by who we have previously taught! He came in, woke his friend up and dragged him out. He didn't look too happy to see us, but we taught them about the 2000 stripling warriors in Alma 56-57. They both got excited, and our less actives friend told us he had prayed to know if the church was true but he hadn't gotten an answer, but he wanted one so bad! SO, we committed the investigator friend to pick up the less active to go to church....and guess what... it worked!!! And they both loved their experience in the church and are committed to come next week! I'm so grateful for the promptings of the spirit. I am so less than perfect at following them, but that is something I'm striving to improve.

I'm also learning how to enjoy contacting more as going up and talking to me has never been one of the first things I love to do...well when you have a message that will change their lives, it's a little bit easier. I know that this church is true. I watched this week as a SUPER catholic woman told us she feels like the Book of Mormon is true but doesn't know how to just drop the catholic church. I know the Lord will help her and helps every single one of us in whatever we need.

Our previous ward mission leader called us this week and asked if we would like some tarycayo eggs....what are those you would ask? I asked the same thing....apparently turtle eggs! And they smelled awful but didn't taste too bad! My companion would tell you differently after almost throwing up :)

We read Alma 26:12, which reads  12 Sí, yo sé que nada soy; en cuanto a mi fuerza, soy débil; por tanto, no me jactaré de mí mismo, sino que me gloriaré en mi Dios, porque con su fuerza puedo hacer todas las cosas; sí, he aquí que hemos obrado muchos grandes milagros en esta tierra, por los cuales alabaremos su nombre para siempre jamás.
(sorry its in spanish) 
 (12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.)

I know that this is true and if we put our trust in God that he will work literal miracles among us. 
Love you all to the moon and back!

Con amor,
Hermana Briggs



No comments:

Post a Comment